Eva Gonzales 
Nationality : French painter, 1849-1883
Eva Gonzales [PDF]
- Title : Plage de Dieppe vue depuis la falaise Ouest
- Info : canvas painting 39341-Plage de Dieppe vue depuis la falaise Ouest.jpg
Oil Painting ID: 39341
- Title : Portrait of a Woman in White
- Info : canvas painting 39342-Portrait of a Woman in White.jpg
Oil Painting ID: 39342
- Title : Portrait of Jeanne Gonzales in Profile
- Info : canvas painting 39343-Portrait of Jeanne Gonzales in Profile.jpg
Oil Painting ID: 39343
- Title : Roses in a Glass
- Info : canvas painting 39344-Roses in a Glass.jpg
Oil Painting ID: 39344
- Title : Secretly
- Info : canvas painting 39345-Secretly.jpg
Oil Painting ID: 39345
- Title : The Donkey Ride
- Info : canvas painting 39346-The Donkey Ride.jpg
Oil Painting ID: 39346
- Title : The Milliner
- Info : canvas painting 39347-The Milliner.jpg
Oil Painting ID: 39347
- Title : Une loge aux Italiens
- Info : canvas painting 39348-Une loge aux Italiens.jpg
Oil Painting ID: 39348
- Title : White Shoes
- Info : canvas painting 39349-White Shoes.jpg
Oil Painting ID: 39349
- Title : Woman in White
- Info : canvas painting 39350-Woman in White.jpg
Oil Painting ID: 39350
Eva GonzalÃ¨s (April 19, 1849 - May 6, 1883) was a French Impressionist painter.
Eva GonzalÃ¨s was born in Paris into the family of the writer Emmanuel GonzalÃ¨z. In 1865, she began her professional training and took lessons in drawing from the society portraitist Charles Chaplin.
GonzalÃ¨s became a pupil of the artist Ã‰douard Manet in February 1869. Manet is said to have begun a portrait of her at once which was completed on 12 March 1870 and exhibited at The Salon in that year.
Like her teacher, Ã‰douard Manet, she never exhibited with the Impressionist painters in their controversial exhibitions in Paris, but she is considered part of the group because of her painting style. She was Manet's only formal student and modeled frequently for several members of the Impressionist school.
Until 1872, she was strongly influenced by Manet but later developed her own, more personal style.
During the Franco-Prussian War she evacuated to Dieppe.
She married Henri GuÃ©rard, brother of the graphic artist Henri GuÃ©rard, and used him and her sister Jeanne Gonzales as the subjects for many of her paintings.
Her work was exhibited at the offices of the art review L'Art in 1882 and at the Galerie Georges Petit in 1883. Her career was cut short when she died in childbirth at the age of thirty-four, exactly six days after the death of her teacher, Manet.
In 1885, after her death a retrospective of 88 works was held at the Salons de La Vie Moderne.
Eva Gonzales [PDF]
Goya, Francisco de
--- Francisco de Goya - Spain, 1746 - 1828Goyen, Jan van
--- Jan van Goyen - Dutch, 1596-1656Gozzoli, Benozzo di Lese di Sandro
--- Benozzo di Lese di Sandro Gozzoli - 1453 - 1478Greco, El
--- El Greco - Greece, 1541 - 1614Greuze, Jean-Baptiste
--- Jean-Baptiste Greuze - French painter, 1725-1805