Eva Gonzales 
Nationality : French painter, 1849-1883
Eva Gonzales [PDF]
- Title : Afternoon Tea
- Info : canvas painting 39331-Afternoon Tea.jpg
Oil Painting ID: 39331
- Title : An actress with a mask
- Info : canvas painting 39332-An actress with a mask.jpg
Oil Painting ID: 39332
- Title : Enfant de troupe
- Info : canvas painting 39333-Enfant de troupe.jpg
Oil Painting ID: 39333
- Title : Indolence
- Info : canvas painting 39334-Indolence.jpg
Oil Painting ID: 39334
- Title : La jeune eleve, Portrait of Sister as Artist
- Info : canvas painting 39335-La jeune eleve, Portrait of Sister as Artist.jpg
Oil Painting ID: 39335
- Title : La Toilette
- Info : canvas painting 39336-La Toilette.jpg
Oil Painting ID: 39336
- Title : L'AVANT PORT
- Info : canvas painting 39337-L'AVANT PORT.jpg
Oil Painting ID: 39337
- Title : Le Petit Lever
- Info : canvas painting 39338-Le Petit Lever.jpg
Oil Painting ID: 39338
- Title : Morning Awakening
- Info : canvas painting 39339-Morning Awakening.jpg
Oil Painting ID: 39339
- Title : Nounou avec enfant
- Info : canvas painting 39340-Nounou avec enfant.jpg
Oil Painting ID: 39340
Eva GonzalÃ¨s (April 19, 1849 - May 6, 1883) was a French Impressionist painter.
Eva GonzalÃ¨s was born in Paris into the family of the writer Emmanuel GonzalÃ¨z. In 1865, she began her professional training and took lessons in drawing from the society portraitist Charles Chaplin.
GonzalÃ¨s became a pupil of the artist Ã‰douard Manet in February 1869. Manet is said to have begun a portrait of her at once which was completed on 12 March 1870 and exhibited at The Salon in that year.
Like her teacher, Ã‰douard Manet, she never exhibited with the Impressionist painters in their controversial exhibitions in Paris, but she is considered part of the group because of her painting style. She was Manet's only formal student and modeled frequently for several members of the Impressionist school.
Until 1872, she was strongly influenced by Manet but later developed her own, more personal style.
During the Franco-Prussian War she evacuated to Dieppe.
She married Henri GuÃ©rard, brother of the graphic artist Henri GuÃ©rard, and used him and her sister Jeanne Gonzales as the subjects for many of her paintings.
Her work was exhibited at the offices of the art review L'Art in 1882 and at the Galerie Georges Petit in 1883. Her career was cut short when she died in childbirth at the age of thirty-four, exactly six days after the death of her teacher, Manet.
In 1885, after her death a retrospective of 88 works was held at the Salons de La Vie Moderne.
Eva Gonzales [PDF]
Goya, Francisco de
--- Francisco de Goya - Spain, 1746 - 1828Goyen, Jan van
--- Jan van Goyen - Dutch, 1596-1656Gozzoli, Benozzo di Lese di Sandro
--- Benozzo di Lese di Sandro Gozzoli - 1453 - 1478Greco, El
--- El Greco - Greece, 1541 - 1614Greuze, Jean-Baptiste
--- Jean-Baptiste Greuze - French painter, 1725-1805