Wild Boar Hunt
- Artist : Frans Snyders -- Check All The Artist's Paintings.
- Nationality : Flemish painter of animals and still life, 1579 - 1657
- Title : Wild Boar Hunt
- Info : Picture ID 35761-Wild_Boar_Hunt.jpg
Oil Painting ID : 35761
I Want A Custom Size
Frans Snyders (1579 - 1657), or Snijders, was a Flemish painter of animals and still life. Snyders was born and died at Antwerp. He is recorded as a student of Pieter Brueghel the Younger in 1593, and subsequently received instruction from Hendrick van Balen, the first master of Van Dyck. He was a friend of Van Dyck who painted Snyders and his wife more than once (Frick Collection, Kassel etc). He became a master of the Antwerp painters guild in 1602. He visited Italy in 1608-9, visiting Rome, and working for Cardinal Borromeo in Milan. In 1611 he married Margaretha, the sister of Cornelis de Vos and Paul de Vos (another animal painter), in Antwerp. Jan Fyt was a student, and then assistant of his from 1629. Snyders initially devoted himself to painting flowers, fruit and subjects of still life, but later turned to painting animals, and executed with the greatest skill and spirit hunting pieces and combats of wild animals. He was one of the earliest specialist animaliers. His composition is rich and varied, his drawing correct and vigorous, his touch bold and thoroughly expressive of the different textures of furs and skins. His excellence in this department excited the admiration of Rubens, who frequently employed him to paint animals, fruit and still life in his own pictures, and he assisted Jacob Jordaens, Thomas Willeboirts Bosschaert and other artists in a similar manner. In the lion and boar hunts which bear the name of Snyders the hand of Rubens sometimes appears. He was one of the executors of Rubens's will. He was appointed principal painter to the Archduke Albert of Austria, governor of the Low Countries, for whom he executed some of his finest works. One of these, a Stag-Hunt was presented to Philip III of Spain, who together with his successor Philip IV of Spain, commissioned the artist to paint several subjects of the chase, which are still preserved in Spain. He also worked for Archduke Leopold Wilhelm of Austria, when he became Governor.
Wild game in Black -- Artist : Giovanni Boldini
Wild Geese -- Artist : Parrish, Maxfield
Wild Poppies, Near Argenteuil -- Artist : Monet, Claude Oscar
Wildflowers -- Artist : Fantin-Latour, Henri
Wildflowers in a Brown Vase -- Artist : Heade, Martin Johnson
- We can paint any size, we can paint any image. If you can't find what you are looking for? Please Click Here.
- We also create oil paintings from your photographs or print that you like. There is no extra charge for any special customization, but except oil painting from real-life portrait photo.
- Most of our paintings will not Sign, if you need any Signature please email us the detail.
- All the prices are in US Dollars. The prices listed here are for oil on canvas or acrylic on canvas, not stretched and not framed.
- Most orders will be delivered in 7-20 days depending on the complexity of the painting. Purchase from our stock, delivery by express in 5 days.
- Payment is secured during transaction(via Paypal). We also have a refund guarantee to protect our customers. 100% return money if you are not satisfy your painting. (The painting must be in its original condition. Shipping cost is non refundable.)
- We are committed to protect your privacy. We do not sell or share our customer's information in any way.
Our artists can turn your photographs into beautiful portrait paintings.
Different sizes and subjects available or customized according to clients' requirements.
We can do all styles and subjects: People, Landscape, Still life, Portrait, Impressionism, Abstract, classical paintings,
Seascapes, Cityscapes, romantic sceneries, flowers, fruits, winebottle, animals,
horse, monkey, tiger, dog, chicken, and modern oil paintings, religious paintings, art deco, oil paintings
with figures and nudes, contemporary artworks, realistic paintings by photo.
Choose best material for all the paintings, Attractive image and vivid color, assured quality.
A large number of reproductions of old masters : Royal Oil Painting